This tutorial explains how to install Age of Empires II HD on Steam.
- Log onto Steam client and go to View > Settings > Interface and set Steam language to English.
- Exit Steam and restart the client.
- Install Aoe2HD through Steam client.
- Right-click on Age of Empires II: HD-Edition and click Play Game.
- Wait for the dependencies and updates to be installed.
- Click Play to start Aoe2HD and Exit once you the program was started for the first time.
- Install the compatibility patch, so you can play on Voobly.
- Give Voobly the path to your Aoe2HD installation when prompted after entering a game lobby.
If it's not working, open menu Options in a game lobby > Game Diagnostic for Aoe2HD to be detected by Voobly.
- 32-Bit: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD
- 64-Bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD
- You are done!