This article applies to all operating systems.
- Uninstall Age of Empires II: The Age of King and Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion pack.
- Please make sure to close Voobly, before performing a clean installation of Age of Empires II, else you will run into more problems.
- Uninstall Aoe2HD through Steam client
- Rename the folder Age2HD to Age2HD_old in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common.
- Go to View > Settings > Interface and set Steam language to English.
- Exit Steam and restart the client.
- Install Aoe2HD through Steam client
- Right-click on Age of Empires II: HD-Edition and click Play Game.
- Wait for the dependencies and updates to be installed.
- Click Play to start Aoe2HD and Exit once you the program was started for the first time.
- Install the compatibility patch, so you can play on Voobly.
- Give Voobly the path to your Aoe2HD installation when prompted after entering a game lobby.
If it's not working, open menu Options in a game lobby > Game Diagnostic for Aoe2HD to be detected by Voobly.
- 32-Bit: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD
- 64-Bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD
- You are done!