|This article applies to Windows Vista and above. Data Execution Prevention is enabled for Windows programs and services only by default, which means that you do not have to change anything, unless you enabled DEP for all programs.|
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\
- Right click on age2_x1.exe, click Properties and switch to Compatibility Tab.
- Click Change settings for all users
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode and choose Windows 98 / Windows Me from list.
- Confirm with Apply and OK.
- Repeat this step for the following exe files below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\EMPIRES2.EXE
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata\aok\Empires2.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata\aoc\age2_x1.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata\aoc\userpatch\age2_x1.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\voobly.exe
Confirm with Apply and OK and reboot your computer. You are done!
|Content by Label|