Open Enrollment begins at 12 pm PST, Sat. June 2nd and ends at 12 pm PST, Sat. June 30th. Before applying, please read the whole article. Send an email to [email protected] with the answers to the questions found below.
- Please provide the URL to your profile.
- What is your FIRST name and how old are you?
- What country do you live in and what is your time zone?
- What is your native language and what other language(s) do you speak fluently?
- Do you currently work in an IT related field or study an IT related subject? Elaborate.
- Please provide a more common term for "Destination-NAT" and give a brief explanation.
- Please desribe the purpose of the Windows UAC (User Account Control) and explain why it is a bad idea to disable it.
- Please explain why keeping your computer up to date (e. g. Windows Update, Drivers) is very important.
- How do you scan for any missing, corrupted, or modified system files on a Microsoft Windows operating system?
- What are RFC1918 ip addresses, please provide them to us and also explain the importance of those ip addresses.
- If 2 is actually 4 and you add 1, how much do you have?
- What is your stance on piracy?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a moderator?
You can become a moderator in one of two ways: Enrollment or Nomination.
What is Enrollment?
On enrollment days, applications are accepted. Then, your application will be reviewed. If you are selected, you will be sent information via e-mail, and you will receive a privileged account.
What are Nominations?
During nominations, certain staff members are allowed to nominate one person to become a moderator who has shown a positive, helpful attitude toward other players. These moderators will then send in their nomination. Note that during nominations, the moderators who is nominating you will need to have contact with you so he/she can gather the correct information to send to their department lead.
When will Enrollments or Nominations occur?
The department lead determine when enrollment or nominations occur. However, they only give 24 hour notice for Enrollment, and nominations are only announced to moderators.
What exactly are the requirements to become a moderator?
- A clean Voobly.com record. (Short term toolings, such as mutes or kicks, are somewhat acceptable)
- At least 18 years of age.
- A 6-month old Voobly.com account.
- A nickname that is not affiliated with a team or clan.
The only way to become a moderator is to follow one of the two procedures above. There is no "quick way" to become a moderator: Don't let anyone fool you into giving your login information, to Voobly.com, or anywhere. Voobly.com does not need your account information, and no legitimate staff member will ask you to do so. If you have given account information to someone, change your password immediately.